If you keep an eye on technology news and the latest happenings, you must have learnt about the shocking data fiasco of Facebook. In that issue, millions of users’ Facebook accounts were compromised where hackers stole the access tokens of users. The access tokens, if stolen, do the same job as entering your Facebook accounts with your ID and passwords. The fearful thing is that, access tokens are so vital that they even defy the utility of user account credentials. Such a catastrophe attacked users whose account details and posts were made public. many public figures were also victims of this data debacle on Facebook.
Facebook has confessed their lack of awareness and asked users to change their privacy settings for the time being to friends if they do not require public interactions with their followers. While this might seem like interference on personal choice, it is always a good idea to not reveal your personal life with complete strangers. With Facebook, you can not only change the privacy of your future posts, but also change the privacy of your past posts in one shot.
The feature is called “Limit past Posts”. According to Facebook, If you choose to limit your past posts, posts on your timeline that you’ve shared with Friends of friends, and Public posts, will only be shared with Friends. Anyone tagged in these posts, and their friends, may also still see these posts.
Steps To Change The Privacy Of All Past Posts Of Your Facebook Account All At Once
- First, login to your Facebook account, click on the down arrow located at the top right corner of the website. Now, go to Settings.
- In the left panel, you will find Privacy. Click on it.
- In the right panel, you will find an option called Limit the audience for posts with your friends of friends or Public? under the Your Activity section.
- Click on Limit Past posts. Then again click on Limit past Posts.
- There will be a confirmation alert. Confirm. All your past posts which were shared with public or friends of friends.