Choosing the right WordPress hosting is like finding Mr. Right for your website. No matter how easy starting a WordPress blog or website may sound, finding the perfect host is a matter of concern. If you have picked a reliable and high-performing host, you may sit back and relax and let your website grow. However, in case your decision went wrong while choosing, be prepared for unnecessary fuss.
You could find plenty of web hosting options here but never rush in developing a hosting relationship. One wrong choice and you might feel trapped for long. Your work didn’t’ stop after just installing and setting up any WordPress website. A web hosting provider is the backbone of any site, therefore getting the right one is as essential as it could be.
Therefore it is essential to keep certain points in handy so that you end up getting a trustworthy web hosting provider. Here we will discuss the five most crucial tips that could help you pick the most appropriate WordPress hosting provider. Check them out!
- What Type Of Hosting You Need To Select?
This should be the most crucial question to answer before choosing any web hosting provider. There are different host providers like:
- WordPress managed hosting– There are hosting providers that endow WordPress managed hosting services. It implies that their infrastructure is built in such a way that they could host WordPress websites and blogs with perfection. Setting up your WordPress website with such providers become easy and hassle-free. Some also consist of a dedicated support team so that nay issue can be resolved within minutes. You need to look whether they bestow you with additional features like caching services, WordPress staging, and much more.
- Self-managed hosting– This is typically a different kind of hosting provider where you rent the hosting space, and you will manage the rest. From configuring the web server, mail server to FTP, SSH- you have to handle all by your own. Besides, you also need to take extra care while dealing with a server’s operating system and its updates to remain up-to-date. Although self-managed hosting may sound crazy, it provides you with a lot of flexibility.
- Shared or Dedicated WordPress Hosting?
This should be your another question to ponder. You need to decide whether you want a shared hosting or a dedicated hosting.
- Shared hosting– Although shared hosting sounds lucrative, their services are typically limited. The reason behind is, if you pick shared hosting, your website will run along with other sites on the same server. Therefore scaling up the website could become a matter of concern. Other than this, since other websites are also running alongside, your website’s performance could be severely affected. Here, you can’t rely on the security of your site as well.
- Dedicated hosting– With a dedicated hosting environment a lot of things become easy to control. The dedicated server will never let your hardware resources share with others. Most of the things remain under the control of your server, and you get the freedom to install specific things which are otherwise not possible with shared hosting.
- What Hosting Features It Is Providing?
Once you have made your decision between shared and dedicated hosting, the next step is to ponder upon the features it is providing to upscale your website. Storage space, bandwidth, and server uptime SLA are some of them to start with. Apart from these, it is essential to know the no. of domains and email accounts it is providing. You must know their backup policies and control panel offerings which give a fair idea about the WordPress hosting provider. If you find a hosting company that endows free domain name at the time of sign-up for a year or so, consider it is as a plus point.
- Any Scope Of WordPress Customization?
Although you could find endless WordPress customization options like custom or built-in WordPress themes, and plugins, some web hosts offer free pre-designed custom themes. It helps in giving a unique identity to your website which is definitely a plus point. Besides, when installing the right plugins become a matter of concern, your WordPress host provider could help by offering utility plugins. Essential work like social media share, SEO, page analytics, RSS feed and much more become hassle-free and comes at no extra cost.
- How Is Their Customer Support System?
WordPress hosting companies that have a dedicated team for WordPress hosting support score a plus point. It will assure that your website will not only remain safe and secure from hacking but also back up at regular intervals. The software will remain updated as soon as a new version comes, and the risk of downtime will also seize.