Ever stopped for a second in a crowded place and looked around yourself? If you did, then you would agree that the overwhelming majority of people is doing the same thing. They are staring in their expensive phones and scroll the pages of information without batting an eye, doing it automatically. While waiting for trains, standing in line for coffee, walking to their destination X. Some of us don’t appreciate the trend, blaming society for becoming “smart zombies”, but all in all those devices caught on because of their convenience. Those gadgets never leave the hands of the millennial; some of them even sleep with phones in their pajamas! Like it or not, today’s society couldn’t spare a day without the portative flat screens, students especially!
The smartphone is an extension of the modern scholar’s hand. Professors may not like it, but they cannot do a thing about it. They can’t even imagine how much pupils rely on them, using the whole battery charge in a day. That only proves that their usage rate is off the charts and that phones are the best friends of your typical students. What’s funny, they are not even used for their original purpose of calling others and staying in touch. People spend most of the time in various apps for entertainment and educational purposes, on the web to buy cheap essays online from different services, to play fun games. Smartphones can help you with studies, time and plan management if you use the suggested apps.
Shortlist of Must-Have Applications
1) Evernote. Discipline is a quality that every diligent student must have; you can’t go far without it. You get a lot of stuff thrown at you, but that shouldn’t distract you from your academicals duties. This app lets you organize the assignments, tasks, notes and projects of different importance. It is free of charge, which can be seen as a huge positive for young people with shaky finances.
2) Mint. Speaking of money, this one app will help you calculate your expenses and will keep you in a strict line of spending. This program observes and tracks your budget, giving you a great look at the ins and outs of your bank account. This is a great way to save enough bucks to last until the end of the month!
3) Exam Countdown. Most of the students live from exam to exam, from session to session, so having a countdown that will visualize the time they have on their hands is useful. With that application you will be warned about the approaching deadline, so the chances of you pulling a classical one nighter decrease dramatically.
4) Sparknotes. Available on both Android and iOS platforms gives you great observations on the literature you are asked to read. Instead of reading through hundreds of pages you can find a good summary that also delves into the essential details of the composition. Save a bit of time and get enough information there!
5) Office Lens. If you ever had problems with keeping up with the teacher’s tempo and couldn’t get all the notes from the blackboard on your exercise book, then this gem is for you. You can take a photo of the chalkboard, and the app will convert the image to a format of your choosing, making even the weirdest handwriting easy to understand.
There are many more apps online. The five apps that made a list will significantly aid you in the schooling struggles right off the bat.