Your website is undoubtedly your most prized asset. Once you’ve made a home on the internet, it’s a virtually overhead-free way to sell your products to the world’s 7 billion consumers – all without having to operate a store or hire a large number of staff members. That said, your website should never remain static: you should always be investing in improvements to your website in order to drive more traffic to your web pages and encourage web users to purchase your company’s goods. Below, you’ll learn how to make some of the most vital improvements to your website.
You should always start any website improvement mission with an overview of what you’ve got, what’s working well, and what you should consider changing. A great way to do this is to imagine that you are a web user that is new to your website. Click on your homepage and then consider the following questions:
- Is it clear exactly what this website and company are for?
- What do the brand and the graphic design tell me about this company?
- Is it easy to navigate this website, and can I find the product pages easily?
- Is it clear that this website is up-to-date and functioning?
- Is this website modern and stylish, or dated and plain?
The answers to the above questions will undoubtedly show you where you ought to make improvements. The next step is to find the professionals who are best placed to help you.
You generally have a few options when it comes to making improvements to your website. When your website is so valuable, you cannot afford for it to go offline or break at any time. As such, you need someone you can trust to tinker with it safely and securely. You should consider:
- Hiring a full-time web developer to help you continually improve your website
- Hiring a project-based freelance professional to get the job done this time around
- Contacting an agency with a request for a quote on the improvements you want to make
- Finding a company that specializes in bespoke website overhauls and handing over the reins to them
Your decision as to which option you go for will be driven by your budget and the timeframe that you want your work completed in. For the sake of trust and security, it’s worth going with a reputable agency, like MageCloud, to help you build the future of your website.
SEO and Marketing
Finally, you cannot make improvements to your website without also considering how these changes will affect your SEO and Search engine results page ranking. You see, where you finish in Google’s search results pages can have a huge influence on how much traffic your website generates.
With this in mind, you should also ensure that you’re not jeopardizing your SEO rank as a result of the changes that you want to make to your website. Indeed, you should only aim to improve upon it – something an agency will build into their cost structure when you change your website with them.
Use the tips above to make vital improvements to your website in 2020.