If you get write protection error, while writing to a flash drive, i.e, The disk is write-protected. Remove the write-protection or use another drive, please follow the steps mentioned below to remove write protection from USB drive in windows 7.
Steps to to remove write protection from USB drive in windows 7
1) Go to start and type in regedit.exe
If the UAC prompts, press Yes.
2) Go to the following Location in the registry editor,
3) Now find for a key named StorageDevicePolicies. If not present in your system, right click on the Control, click on new as shown below.
4) Name the above formed key as StorageDevicePolicies.
5) Click on the new registry key StorageDevicePolicies and on the right pane right-click, select New > DWORD and.
6) Give it the name WriteProtect as shown
7) Double click on it and set its value to 0.Press OK.
And there you are done.