With the ongoing advancements and your kids getting smarter every day, keeping a track of things they are up to, has become essential just like any other thing. Of course, the internet and smartphones are the need of the hour and a child cannot do without it. Nevertheless, as parents, you need to make sure that your child is on the right path of using the phone.
GPS technology has advanced in a lot of ways which makes it possible to keep an eye on your loved ones without their knowledge. Well, this way you can keep a track of your kids’ locations or most visited locations and map the graph accordingly.
How children are exposed to cyberbullying and crime?
Each parent does everything to keep their child safe from potential dangers or threats. However, dangers and threats like cyberbullying are not easy to recognize and require you to pay close attention to notice and get over them. Statistics reveal that 1 out of every 4 children is exposed to cyberbullying, while 1 out of 6 children know that they have been involved in such actions. The effects of cyberbullying cannot be predicted and hence, your child should be educated about it. At the same time, as a parent, you should have a watch at it.
Your children may come across cyberbullies while they are on social media and that is the most frequent hub. Other encounters can be text messages, instant messaging features offered by e-mail providers, applications or social networks, and Chat rooms and e-mails.
Children mostly fall into traps because of:
- Oversharing on platforms that give out too much information.
- Spending a lot of time on social media giving more frames to counteract bullies.
- Caring more about their online presence.
- Acting more offensive and responsive to negative comments, which make them easy targets.
Cyberbullying is of various types but the sole intention behind is hurting someone. It may cause anxiety, fear, depression, and feeling low self-esteem in children which is of major concern.
Why do we need extra?
Even though Apple is known for its tight security and privacy, you might wonder why we need some extra piece of third-party tool to monitor your kid’s activities. Well, when your kids are exposed to the world of the world wide web with ever-growing cybercrimes such as cyberbullying, engaging in explicit content, online scams; and with thus, it is getting really difficult to keep your kids safe without using some monitoring tool. Hence, it is important you track child’s iPhone. Below are a few well-developed monitoring apps you can try on your kids’ phone,
- Find my iPhone
- The Spy Bubble
Benefits Of The Spy Apps
- Most of the above apps are paid and you might need to pay a little amount to keep the real-time monitoring up and running.
- Please note that all the above-mentioned apps will ask permission to read all the sensitive content of your child’s phone, and the app keeps on sending data to the server for real-time monitoring purposes.
- The important factor not to forget, if something went wrong (hacked) with the server keeping all the sensitive data, all the important and sensitive data of your children might be compromised. And attackers might misuse the data such as live location to conduct crimes.
- The use of these apps involve certain steps to be followed. You need to create an account. Next, you have to install the application in your child’s smartphone. Next, login to your account and adjust settings.
It becomes difficult for parents to keep an eye on your kids especially if they are teenagers. You need to ensure the safety of your kids. Owing to a world filled with a plethora of dangers keeping track of things is real. There are so many cases related to child abduction and child abuse that having something to keep track of children is essential. Moreover, the extensive use of social networking and the number of children falling victim to cyber-bullying is increasing rapidly and calls the need for keeping a check on your kids. Hence, parents need to use some kind of monitoring and the best way to do that is by doing it without their knowledge.
It is always a great idea to let your children grow independently and be their friends. But, at the same time, monitoring their activities to keep them safe is essential. You got to track your child’s activities now and then and be sure that they are safe out there.