We all procrastinate! Some of us procrastinate more and some procrastinate less. Procrastination is the tendency to delay a scheduled work for a later time, for no convincing reason. For example, you have a school project to complete and you have 15 days for completing. Everyday you tell yourseld, “I shall start the work tomorrow”. Then again, the next day, you murmur the same thing to yourself and finally start doing the work one or 2 day before the deadline. This is procrastination.
Procrastination is never a good thing. It always ends up creating low quality work due to the last hour work. Here is a quick tip on oversoming procrastination.
How to overcome Procrastination?
- Regulation of emotions is the most prime or essential way. People need to stop confusing obligatory work with work with emotional suffering. This can cause anxiety, tension and dreadfulness. We need to change our approach of being challenge-averse to any kind of challenging work.
- Manage your difficult tasks or those which make you lose interest efficiently. An easy way of managing is by the task up into small parts which would eventually be completed in no time. The tasks should be neither too small nor too big when you break them up; keep 45 minutes time in your hand for each work.
- Focus only on the small part of the work which you are performing right now; forget all the to-do lists.
- Assign small rewards for yourself on the completion of each small part of the big work. Rewards would help you in growing greater interest in the following part and would indulge positive vibes in you.
- Celebrate the differences you made while accomplishing every small step.
- Always stay motivated for completing any job or task be it small or big, interesting or dull, good or bad etc.